Friday, May 20, 2011

Shop Hopping!

Here I am shop hopping with my dear friend Thimblelina.  Actually she is a permanent fixture at Thimble Town in Visalia, CA.  The second annual Central Valley Shop Hop started today so I visited my favorite quilt store to visit friends and, of course, to buy some fabric.
Here is Jeremy, the owner, out front greeting visitors.  The theme for the store today was Carnival.  For our enjoyment there were frito boats, popcorn and snow cones.  We got a great goodie bag also.  Thank you, Jeremy!  He's the greates!.  There is so much new fabric it is overwhelming.  More was coming in while I was there.  Their selection of batiks is the best I have ever seen.  I think Thimble Towne has to have the biggest selection of fabric in the Valley.  If you haven't been there you need to go!  The shop hop goes thru Sunday, but you can go by anytime.  Warning, you will not come out of there empty handed!

At each store you can pick up a pattern for each of the blocks in this quilt.  I like the way Jeremy put this quilt together.  I won't be making the quilt since I only went to Thimble Towne and then Quilters Quarters in Hanford. 

Now for some finished work.  This is the table runner I made for Katrina to take to Iowa when they go to stay with Eric's family this June.  I hope they like it.  I do.  I used just what I had and that is why I have a stash.  But after making this I decided to clean out my stash so I am cutting 5, 3 1/2 and 2 1/2 inch square from anything that is smaller than a fat quarter and giving away stuff I don't think I will ever use.  I don't know if I will use these squares but I can always give them away.

2 comments:

  1. Where in Visalia? I will be driving up 99 in June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture Anna, the shop hop looks like great fun. Love the table runner, I'm sure they will love it!

    ReplyDelete