Sunday, May 22, 2011

New projects!

The order from Fire Mountain Gems came yesterday.  This is what $90 in beads looks like.  Some of these will be for my "Tsunami Ripples" quilt.  I'm looking forward to the end result but not the hours and hours of beading.

I couldn't seem to get out of the gloom of the last few days, brought on by myself, so I spent time going through my fabric stash and really weeding out what I didn't think I would every use.  I cut anything less than a fat quarter into 5 inch and 3 1/2 inch squares but then decided that I probably won't do anything with them so I packed them up to give to two of my guilds for door prizes.  Somebody else might as well use them.  I also have a huge bag of fabric I am bring to my sweet Needle Divas tomorrow.  I hope some of them will want some of it.  I'll just keep bringing it around till it is all gone.  Who doesn't like free fabric?

Speaking of fabric here are the fabrics that I hope to use in a challenge I am participating in.  Some of it I got on the shop hop and some I had.  I have an idea in my head now if I can just get it out of there and into a quilt.  Only time will tell.  I have to have it done in August but I am going to be gone for most of July so I need to have it done before then and I am such a last minute person.  Things are piling up but I told myself I wasn't going to let that stop me from just doing what I want, like cutting up scraps.  This week is really busy so I don't know if I will have much time in the studio.  I'm taking two classes at the end of the week.  That should provided inspiration and motivation!

2 comments:

  1. Love the fabric, and so nice of you to give fabric away :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's see if this works today - couldn't comment yesterday.

    I have never seen that many beads outside of a bead store. I'm sure that whatever you make and do will come out great.

    I hope you come out of your funk soon. I'm suprised the clown glasses and tie at TT didn't cheer you up.

    ReplyDelete