Monday, September 26, 2011

Orange Blossom Quilters Challenge

Thursday night I was able to attend our monthly meeting of the Orange Blossom guild in Visalia. Our challenge this year was "Victorian Garden". We were given a picture of a seed packet and a poem as part of our challenge. We were also to have a three dimensional item on our quilt.


 
Here are the entries.  The two on the left won, the first for overall favorite and the second (Sara's for best quilting).  The large flower won also but I cant remember for what (Sorry Becky, I cant remember!) and then mine on the far right won for Best use of Theme.  It was a fun night and I enjoyed seeing everyone again.

Here is mine and of course, I had to add beads.  I hand beaded the trim, lace and tassels.  I searched the Internet for the rest of the seed packets and printed them on fabric  I also made three dimensional flowers.  I hope you like it.  I do!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Anna. I love yours - very vintage looking (just like the seed packets).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought everyone did a great job! I loved yours Anna, someday I would like to do beading like that-beautiful!

    ReplyDelete