Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Birthday Presents

Our Loose Threads Art group met last night and I had to stay in Valencia so I could not be there when Karen received this piece I made for her.  She wanted something to do with fairies.  I have been going over ideas for months, went to Beverly's and found this fairy.  It was a Christmas ornament.  I added extra ribbons and beads (of course) and found this fabric in my stash.  I quilted the flowers in gold metallic thread.  It took me two days to quilt it.  I like it a lot and had a hard time giving it up.  I know it is a little different but I hope Karen liked it anyways.

This was the quilt that I gave to Barbara last week when we had lunch.  I don't remember all she wanted but I had this fabric and I wanted to practice thread painting on it.  It was fun to quilt and then I beaded the centers.  I didn't want to give up this one either.

This is the one I made for Sara.  Her theme was "Cracked".  Well, the strip is cracked alright.  It actually is split down the middle.  I trimmed it with different braided yarns then beaded the yarn strip.  I added beads along the bottom.

I hope they all had a great time last night and hope they set a time next month that works for both Janice and I to attend.

Well, back to beading my Orange Blossom Challenge.  I hope to have it done today and go on to something else.  The reveal is next week so you will have to wait patiently to see it.

Have a great day and go quilt something!

No comments:

Post a Comment