Friday, April 15, 2011

Two finishes in Ontario, CA

I'm down in Southern Ca (Ontario) with my husband as he attends a CWEA (California Water Environment Association) convention.  The weather is beautiful, in the high 80's and I am sitting in a hotel room sewing.  I do leave to walk down the street to Starbucks.  Priorities you know!  I have been frustrated though, because I didn't think through what I was cutting before I left and am not happy with the bags I need to make.  The one at the left is for a class sample and I think it is boring.  If I would have thought out the project better I could have made it a little more interesting.  Sometimes patterns are not clear where the fabric placement is.  I feel like I now have a handle of the pattern and would do this differently.  So I may make another one.






This is for a young girl in our church.  It still needs some funky buttons which I need to search for.  She picked the fabric.  She didn't want anything flashing.  I hope she likes it.  It is definitely not flashy enough for me.












The other projects I have to sew are not working out either.  Fabric placement again.  I'm finding I am trying to rush things.  I have a project due for our Loose Threads group that I can't seem to get my head around.  I know what I want to do but can't find the fabric to make it work.  I have decided not to rush it and it will have to wait till next month.  I hate going to group when I haven't done anything but I really want this piece to work and I am excited with the idea.  So, I am going to take my time and enjoy what I do.  No more rushing.  If it is not done, oh well, that's life! 

2 comments:

  1. I think your bags are great. BTW, the beautiful FQs came yesterday. Thanks heaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to pack for projects to take and make away from your studio because if something doesn't work, you have no other options. At least you got the technique down. Oh and you may not be the only one without their finished Loose Threads project. I can't even come up with something.
    Have a safe trip home.

    ReplyDelete