Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Joy, Soul, and I need help!

Here's Keira shouting with joy!  This started as an assignment for our Loose Threads art group.  Take a photo, manipulate it in photo shop and then make a quilt depicting "Joy".  Not really knowing what to do, I cut it up, fussed it on, quilted it and added beads (which I am not quite done with).  When I showed it to her, she knew who it was.  She is 2 1/2.



Our next project was adding three dimensional flowers and using the word "Soul".  Here is my 12 x 12 inch "Heart and Soul" quilt that I am going to send off to the SAQA online auction. 





I took a class Saturday from Judy Sisneros through the Common Threads quilt guild.  She was a fine teacher but I hate my quilt.  I wish I had just used my own fabric ideas.  I can't decide on a border either.  I took the class because I had the book but I think I would have liked it better if I had done it on my own.  Help!  What do I do with this?  I am stuck on what direction to take for the border. 

3 comments:

  1. My first thought is to bring out something from the inside again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that gold color in it and I would make a thin border with that but then bring your quilt to the fabric store (or your stash) and lay it out next to a few pieces or bolts and Iam sure you will find one just right .
    AND NEXT TIME DO IT YOUR WAY!! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should add some yellow - take out some of the blocks and go with your original idea.

    ReplyDelete