Monday, December 27, 2010

A Great Surprise!

Remember my "The 60s - A Decade of Change"?  Well, it and "Reality"  were accepted into an exhibit to be held at Arts Visalia in March for Woman's History Month.  The exhibit is called "WomanFully".  I was not expecting to get accepted and was surprised when I received the email.  In fact, I almost deleted it.  I'm sure glad I opened it! What is even funnier is that "Reality" was donated to the Common Threads Little Quilt Sale and no one wanted it and it was returned.  How humiliating!  But now I know why.  It was meant for this show.


I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas.  We will be celebrating thru New Year's since Serena and Lexi arrive tomorrow.  It looks like the airport is now open in Norfolk so we are praying that all goes well.  Serena has never seen so much snow in Virgina Beach.  It just doesn't snow that much there. 


 I have been busy making things for Christmas, which I can't show you since we haven't celebrated our Christmas yet, but I can show you the baskets I have made.  They are made out of fabric wrapped cotton clothes line. They really are addicting.

I haven't done much quilting. Finished all my class samples and waiting to see when the classes will be. I will keep you posted. Thimble Towne's new website should be up soon. Check back.






2 comments:

  1. Are you going to teach the basket class? That is something I'd like to make. I always see Suzie Kistlers bowls and admire them.

    And congrats for making your quilts into a show. How wonderful. And don't feel bad about getting the quilt back after the show - I bought 2 of mine back because there were no bids. Just that kind of year. (If I would have known I would have gotten them back I wouldn't have bid on them.)

    Hope you are having a wonderful visit with Serena and Lexi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the Quilt show! Love the bowls...

    ReplyDelete