Thursday, August 12, 2010

Reflective

"Reflective"
27" x 18 1/2"

Reflective was the word of the month for our Loose Threads project and fabric weaving was the technique.  Here is my quilt with little Becky reflecting on life.  I used a glue transfer method because I wanted the effect of the picture being "reflective" also.  Never tried it before but will use it again on smaller pictures.  Couched some Razzle Dazzle thread and also used some crystals to add some more reflectiveness (is that a word?) to the piece.  I'm still trying to decided if I like it.

I haven't been blogging due to the amount of time I have been spending on my challenge quilt.  I spent hours Tuesday fighting my machine.  It hates sewing through thickness with metallic thread.  Yesterday it went in for it's first yearly cleaning (I can't believe it has been a year since I got this machine and I'm still fighting with it.)  and today it was quilting beautifully.  I was just doing the background and borders but it wasn't as stressful as Tuesday. Yes!!!
Talk about stressful.  Tonight is the guild board meeting.  Dreading it!  Someone is bound to get their feelings hurt.  I'd rather work with men.  My husband gave me a compliment the other day after he had a stressful meeting with some women.  He said not to be offended but that I think like a man.  I was flattered, but I think it is that I think logically.  There are both men and women who think logically but it is those who don't that drive you crazy!

1 comment:

  1. Love your challenge quilt. Machine quilting frustrates the "heck" out of me sometimes too!

    ReplyDelete