Sunday, August 15, 2010

Birthday cards and life's discoveries!

These are the latest birthday cards I made this weekend.  I have been helping with the guild's charity quilt program the past few days and haven't had time for my own projects.  This was my way to spend a little time in the studio.

When picking up the fabrics for the charity quilts, I was introduced to a fabulous mixed media artist and her work.  I was blown away by her talent!  I felt like a dry sponge just soaking up all the beautiful art and dying to get my hands on anything just to create.  I can see myself going in a different direction with my art quilts.  I have been concerned for too long about what the quilting world thinks about my quilts and not what I really want to do.  So the next few weeks I am going to spend sometime exploring this new avenue for my work.  I'll be sure to let you know what I discover.

1 comment:

  1. These turned out so cute! I especially like the top one... something about the flower's petals. I miss you too! I will post pics of my new place "soon" but you know how it goes when you are still trying to get settled! Chaotic! I am just living and surviving each day (not in a bad way, just busy as all get out).

    ReplyDelete