Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sickness promotes Organization!

Here are the trim samples (hundreds of them) my Sister-in-law gave me.  Are you jealous?
Now, what to do with them?

I can't believe it has been so long since I have written anything.  I was so frustrated and overwhelmed with life and the commitments I had made that it was hard to get motivated to do anything.  So many of you were so helpful with your suggestions.  Thank you!  You were all very encouraging and I think I am back on track.  My challenge is almost complete (I ended up shopping for more material and that did the trick), the mystery quilt top is done (ready to be pinned and quilted), the baby shower (church block quilt is ready to be quilted), the baptism (all at my house) are over and the church memorial day picnic (recovered 8 outside chair cushions) at our house will be over tomorrow.  All this and then sickness hit our home.  It has taken a week to feel better.  I can't remember being that sick!  It spread though the family but everyone is on the mend now.  Since I had no energy to do anything, I reorganized my fabric drawers and am donating some to the guilds.  It does feel good to get it done.  Every now and again I have to go in and straighten up the draws because I tend to dig around in them and not put things back the way I should.  This is why I can't have my fabric stacked on shelves.  Now wouldn't that be a mess! 
Looking forward to this week because my friend Barbara is coming for a few days.  Quilting and watching movies together for three days.  Can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back on track. I knew you'd pull through. I had the flu last weekend and it was absolutely miserable.

    Jealous that you get to spend 3 days with Barb B. Have fun and I'll see you at guild.

    ReplyDelete