Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Loose Threads

Monday evening was our monthly get together for our art quilt group, Loose Threads.  We are working out of the Fearless Design book.  This months project was to take four blocks (all exactly alike) and add borders to make them all different.  We were suppose to quilt them also but those who actually did the assignment (I didn't do this one or the last one due to all the traveling) didn't get to the quilting.

This is the one I liked of Grace's.  Can you till what the block was.
This was my favorite of Adena's.  I liked the use of curves with the geometrics of the block.

Deo brought her quilt from Joe Cunningham's Class.  Great job!
Barbara brought two quilts to show, her one from Roberta Horton's class with Japanese fabrics.  She says it is not her favorite.  But I like it.  I wish I could have taken the class, but we had a wedding one the same day last January.
Here's Barbara's Asian Salsa from Don Linn's calss.  She extended the design into the border.  This was not part of the original design.  She really did a nice job.  Of course, when I was at Empty Spools last week Don asked if I had finished my quilt.  Alas, it is another unfinished project, waiting for me to come up with a border design.  Soon, I hope.
Here are Sara's quilts for the last lesson. We were to take a panel and cut it up to make it a differnt quilt. I think Sara used these for this lesson, borders. Mine is on the design wall and I hope to finish it soon.







I am getting ready to leave for SAQA conference in San Francisco tommorrow.  I can't believe another week long trip.  Does my husband even know who I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment