Friday, February 3, 2012

Finally!

I am back! As most of you know we moved the week before Christmas and it has been absolutely crazy. All the kids were able to be here, at least for a few days, and we had a fantastic Christmas amongst all the boxes and with out a couch. We ate well (too well!) and laughed and just had a great time. Here are the little ones in our new front yard.



Lexi, Daniel, Ephram, Keira, Becky and Ephram's dog Pretzel.

I did get to go to Road to Ca a few weeks ago and took a class called "Lets Make Waves".  Here's my piece made from silks I received from my sister, which I have been hoarding for three years.  It needs some more work and beads!  I thought I would have time to work on it when I came back but I spent time on the Whisper Challenge I am involved with and quilted two charity quilts.


Here are some pictures of my art group wearing the scarves I gave them for Christmas.  Aren't they cute!

Here are by birthday mini quilts from Loose Threads.  Each one made two, one for each month of the year.  Two months are missing but are promised to come soon.
Here is a quilt I finally finished.  I started this years ago and had Jeremy quilt it for me.  I just finished the binding on it.  This is in my new quilt studio but you will have to wait for the next post.  We have the slowest Internet and I am having a hard time downloading the pictures.


We have been busy trying to fix up the house.  Every room needs to be painted.  Notice the lace curtains.  The whole house is full of them.  Just not my style.  This is the family room and we painted this room first and got a new couch.  My original plan was for the walls to be more grey than blue but they didn't come out that way.  It looks good with all the oak trim.  Sometimes you just have to work with what you have.  I also just finished painting the hall way two shades lighter.  We have a ranch style house.  The hall is very long with lots of doors so painting the hall wasn't any fun!

I did get my sewing room painted which is the only room upstairs.  It once was a game room. But I think I will keep you in suspence.

3 comments:

  1. Yea! Picturs. I didn't get to see all the little birthday quilts so that was fun to see. Can't wait to see the house in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back. My friends took the same class as you at Road. Robin and I took a Free-Motion Machine quilting class. Where are you living now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Anna, love the quilt and the house!!

    ReplyDelete