I was able to upload the photo that I mentioned in the previous post. I really do need to get better at taking photos! At least take them straight.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
I had another photo to share but I can't seem to get the program to work. Maybe later. I am demonstrating foiling on fabric this evening at the guild and I have a quilt I made as an example. It is amazing how whenever I am going to prepare for something like this I always find the ways not to do something! It's like when I make a quilt from a pattern or book, I always find the mistakes. Go figure!
I know I have not blogged much but to tell you the truth I just haven't been home. This has been a year of traveling. This year I went to Road 2 Ca (Ontario), Wonder Valley (twice), Virginia, Pacific Grove, Cambria, Pismo, Sacramento, Hollywood, Utah, Las Vegas, Best of the Valley took four days, Ripon, next Shaver lake and Tahoe. I'm not complaining but it has been a busy year. And we mustn't forget a new grandchild, Daniel, was born this year. What a year! Do you think next year will be less busy. I doubt it. I already have two classes I am teaching for guilds and a trunk show at another guild lined up next year. I am just thankful that I am able to do all this.
Off to get my stuff ready for tonight. I hope you are still out there even though I haven't been very good at posting.
Monday, October 18, 2010
This is the beginning of the story. Our art group project for this month is to make a flour and water paste, apply it to fabric, let it dry, crunch it up and paint it. Then clean it all off and make an art quilt using the theme "graffiti".
Three of use got together to start the process. We stabilized our fabric to form core board and off we went. We took our projects home to dry and I put mine in the backyard. Little did I know it was going to rain. It never rains here! Of course it was under the patio that is not a solid cover and water, dirt and sap from the unsealed (new) cover got all over my projects (I had 3 started.) Oh well, let them dry again and just think of it as developing art.
So some days later time to paint over the flour resist. Then after it dries, wash it all off. These are my results.
The third one was done with potato flakes that Sara's dog kept licking while it was drying.
I hope to have the final results soon.