Thursday, October 28, 2010

The results of the flour paste resist!

Here is the final result from the fabrics from the previous post.  I like it but had hoped it would be bigger.  I don't plan my quilts.  They just happen so the squares are 2 1/2" finished.  I have some plans to make this a series.  I think I am motivated again.  If I could just stay home.  Off this weekend to Shaver Lake for a retreat and then the next week we are going to Tahoe with my fantastic sister and brother-in-law for a week.  There is a great store there that has a good size quilting section and the greatest selection of paints and buttons, other decorator fabrics, silks, a art quilters dream.  I'm saving my money from the class I am teaching next week just to spend here!  I love shopping here with my sister.  There is also a bead store there that we go to.  My sister makes the most fantastic jewelery.  I can hardly wait.  I wait all year for this!

I had another photo to share but I can't seem to get the program to work.  Maybe later.  I am demonstrating foiling on fabric this evening at the guild and I have a quilt I made as an example.  It is amazing how whenever I am going to prepare for something like this I always find the ways not to do something!  It's like when I make a quilt from a pattern or book, I always find the mistakes.  Go figure!

I know I have not blogged much but to tell you the truth I just haven't been home.  This has been a year of traveling.  This year I went to Road 2 Ca (Ontario), Wonder Valley (twice), Virginia, Pacific Grove, Cambria, Pismo, Sacramento, Hollywood, Utah, Las Vegas, Best of the Valley took four days, Ripon, next Shaver lake and Tahoe.  I'm not complaining but it has been a busy year.  And we mustn't forget a new grandchild, Daniel, was born this year.  What a year!  Do you think next year will be less busy.  I doubt it.  I already have two classes I am teaching for guilds and a trunk show at another guild lined up next year.  I am just thankful that I am able to do all this.

Off to get my stuff ready for tonight.  I hope you are still out there even though I haven't been very good at posting.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I'm glad I did. I love the whole cloth quilt you are working on.
    I'll be back to read more later.
    Marianne

    ReplyDelete