Thursday, March 7, 2013

Peace!

I'm on my way home!  I had a great time in Virginia but it's time to go home.  I miss my wonderful husband and I miss by studio.  May sound strange but I miss my space.  It's a part of me.  Of course, being gone for three weeks means I'm also behind by three weeks.  But I'm looking forward to the quilting busyness.  Miss my friends at Bolts in the Bathtub and at church, too.



Here is one project I finished while in Virginia, entitled "Peace".  This was a quilt project I have wanted to make for Serena for years and decided the only way to make it was to take it with me.  I didn't want to take it back home so it's done.


I also made Lexi this dress.  This is Lexi this morning getting ready for school.  I think she is still half a sleep.


Lexi and I also made sock bugs.


We worked on lots of crafts.  We painted, made puzzles, made butterflies out of toilet paper rolls, played games and watched endless Disney movies; sometimes the same ones over and over again.

The other grand kids got to get together in Visalia for a day at the park.  I miss them but glad they had a great time together.

Well, I guess I need to finish packing.  Looking forward to seeing some of you real soon.

4 comments:

  1. Lexi is lucky to have such a lovely Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaww-those sock bugs are cute - glad you got to spend some quality time with Lexi. She will always remember your visits and the fun you had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss You! Glad you had a great time, now come home!!! Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the quilt. So glad you had a great time, but excited that you are coming home. We have missed you smiling face.

    ReplyDelete